|All tournament play for the Big Apple will take place on the courts of Queens College – Fitzgerald Gym in Flushing, New York. Directions are provided below. Travel times will vary, but typically arriving by car from Manhattan requires approximately 30 minutes and public transport about an hour.
The three major airports which service New York are John F. Kennedy (JFK), Laguardia (LGA), and Newark (EWR).
|Directions to Queens College – Fitzgerald Gym
Queens College is located at 65-30 Kissena Boulevard at the corner of Kissena and the Long Island Expressway in Flushing, New York.
- By Car:
- From New England: Take Interstate 95 (New England Thruway) to Interstate 295 to Throgs Neck Bridge. After crossing the bridge, go South on Interstate 295 (Clearview Expressway to Exit 4/Long Island Expressway West – Midtown). Take the Long Island Expressway to Exit 24 (Kissena Blvd.); turn left on Kissena and go two lights to Melbourne Avenue; then turn right and enter at the first set of OPEN gates. Follow around to the gym in back of campus.
- From Manhattan: (approximately 30 minutes) Go to the Queens Midtown Tunnel (entrance on East 34th Street between 2nd and 1st Avenues. Go through Tunnel onto the Long Island Expressway to Exit 24 (Kissena Blvd.); turn right immediately after the off-ramp onto Reeves Avenue; enter at the first set of OPEN gates on the left hand side or park on the street and walk onto the campus. The gym is the first building on the right hand side.
By Taxi or Limousine Service:
- With toll and tip, the fare should come to approximately $30. We recommend you reserve your ride ahead of time to be sure of getting a car. Allow at least 30 minutes for a ride from Manhattan! We will obtain limousine and taxi service information for the return trip and make it available to you at Queens College.
- By public transportation from Manhattan (if you have to):
- The Long Island Railroad’s Port Washington branch stops at Main Street in Flushing. It’s a fast 20-minute ride from Penn Station.
At Main Street: Take either the Q25-34 (stops at Main St. and 40th Ave.) or Q17 bus (stop is at Kissena Blvd. and Main St.) to the campus. Even better, catch a cab on Main Street for the short ride to the campus.